Sunday, April 15, 2012

Manne Dreams of Sushi.

On Saturday night Stacey hosted a Japanese night. I was looking forward to it because, well, it involved food. And good company. And when Stacey told me we were going to be making sushi I got rather excited.

I love sushi. Like, if I had to eat sushi for every meal for the rest of my life I think I'd be ok with that.

Despite my love for sushi I've never actually made my own and I've always wanted to. So with the help of Stacey I created the best tuna, cucumber and avocado sushi ever created. I'm being humble of course.

Let me just say I was a pro. I give Jiro Ono a run for his money. Coming soon to a movie theater near you: "Manne Dreams of Sushi"



Also on the menu Japanese curry, tempura and some coconut pudding-thing-that-looked-like-it-had-fish-eggs-in-it-but-didn't-and-tasted-delicious.




Afterwards we headed to the Pakuranga night market. There was so much delicious food there but unfortunately I was full beyond capacity already. And I had to stop myself buying a load of new jewelry. I keep going shopping which is a terrible thing as I know my baggage is already over weight and I haven't even started packing yet. So I go shopping and have to deprive myself of all these beautiful things and it's just not fair!

Stacey and I got hair wraps. Yep, we are 9 year old girls who have just got back from a week in Majorca. But I love it.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...