Friday, April 20, 2012

I have learned that even landlocked lovers yearn for the sea like navy men.

I'm going to miss this feeling.


I'm going to miss combing the beach and throwing star fish back.


I'm sad I missed my opportunity to go paddle boarding.


I'm going to miss my long walks on the beach.


I'm going to miss doing my impersonation of a beached whale with it's nose stuck in a book.
It's my best trick yet.


Over Easter I went to Waiheke with the family.

We were blessed with beautiful weather. And every day involved a trip to the beach.

I leave this beautiful country in just 10 days and I realise now how accustomed I have become to living near water. I can get the beach whenever I want and it's an opportunity I just haven't taken full advantage of.

In 10 days I will no longer be able to walk 20 minutes and get to a beach.

I won't be able to drive down through Cox's Bay and see the sun reflecting off the beautiful blue water.

I won't be able to drive across the Harbour Bridge, looking at the city skyline reflecting in the harbour. It's one of my favourite views. And every Thursday night when I'm driving home from Institute I have to force myself to concentrate on the road instead of staring at the city.

It breaks my heart that in just 10 days the closest I'm going to get to a body of water is the bath.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't worry, the sea isn't going any where, I think...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...