Monday, April 23, 2012

Bootycamp.

For the past four weeks, on Tuesdays, Thursday and Saturday, the view in my mirror has looked something like this at 5:30 in the morning.

Minus the smiling.
No smiling allowed at 5:30am.


The reason I show you this picture is not because I want you to see me without make up. 
But rather because I want you to see my sweet t-shirt with my name on it.

I've never had an article of clothing with my name on it.

Mostly because I never joined a sports team. 
And because I have an uncommon name they never sell tacky merchandise with my name brandished across it in souvenir shops. This was very traumatising as a child.

Those who haven't had the wonderful pleasure of hearing me complain or brag about something I did in boot  camp were probably unaware I was engaging in regular exercise. Don't worry, I would never have expected it of myself either.

But I've made it 4 weeks and I've finally completed my bootcamp.
Those four weeks were hard work and I'm actually proud of myself. It may not have been a big deal to some, but to me the improvement I've felt in myself is priceless.

No, I didn't lose any weight. I put it on.
Don't know if that's how it's supposed to work...

But in the first and last session we did a fitness test.
It involved doing as many push ups and sit ups as you could and then running 2.4km.

I couldn't do any push ups at the beginning.
And four weeks on, I still can't do any. But I'm getting there...

With the sit ups I improved by 80. And I managed to shave a minute off my running time. 
Go me. 



3 comments:

Hadley said...

Beaut that's pretty impressive! when you get back we'll have to meet up. It's been too long!

Kelly-Anne said...

The t-shirt makes me want to do it So much more! :) You are awesome!!

Kelly-Anne said...

The t-shirt makes me want to do it So much more! :) You are awesome!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...