Thursday, June 9, 2011

No shouting in the house.

Today Harrison told me I had to carry his scooter as he was too tired to push it and therefore needed to run. I failed to see the logic and as I was already carrying a two year old, a skateboard, a volleyball and my bag, I decided to use the line my mother always gave me "You brought it so you can carry it". I used this line twice today (both incidents scooter and hill related). I'm clearly becoming my mother.

After dinner today the kids were going a bit crazy. Jane had come home pretty stressed and was up in her room getting ready to go for a run. I was in the kitchen and could hear them shouting and obviously jumping on the bed in Emily's room. I went up to attempt to get the situation under control and got to the door just as Jane got there to shout at the kids for screaming in the house. She shouted something like "HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU! NO SHOUTING IN THE HOUSE". I was feeling a little bit awkward being there while the kids were being shouted at when Emily got right up to Jane and whispered: "Shhhh! No shouting in the house."

I had to do everything I could not to laugh as Jane tried to explain it was ok for adults to shout. One thing I love about working with kids is some of the things they say. And their logic. It provides me with much needed entertainment. And blog material clearly.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...