Saturday, June 18, 2011

Just me, the Cat and the Apple TV.

It's Saturday night and I'm babysitting. I'm spending the night in with the cat and watching rubbish romcoms on Netflix. But it's all good, I got pizza and ma L&P.

It's an awfully exciting life.

So on 6th July I will be finishing the job here in Ellerslie. It makes me so sad to be leaving the family but we all knew from the beginning it was only going to be temporary. But the good news is that today I got a new au pair job! This time I will be looking after one boy and two girls aged 5, 4 and 2. I met them all today and the family seem lovely. I begin on 1st August and will be with them until I leave in November. It's good to know that I've got a job and a place to live when I finish up here.

I went to a dance with my friend Beverley last night and trying to get there was a bit of an adventure. First it was chucking it down so after going and knocking on Beverley's door we both had to leg it to the car. Disaster struck when the car wouldn't start. The engine wouldn't even turn over. Every time I turned the key it sounded like a phone vibrating. I was panicking and had no idea what to do. I was ready to cry and call Jane for help when I realised I hadn't put the stupid automatic car into park when I turned the engine off and put the hand brake on. Yeah I hate automatics, or at least this automatic. Most (I mean all) of my road rage usually involves the phrase "Change gear you stupid car!"

So it's throwing it down so badly I can't even see the road markings. We end up getting lost. We decide we should head into Mangere centre in hope of finding Mangere Road. We happen to pass a chapel and there's people in there. So we head in and get directions to the dance. When we get there the dance isn't even set up yet so we went for food instead. KFC was the lucky fast food joint to be graced with our presence. So we were there in our formal get up, ready to sit down when I knock my drink over and it goes EVERYWHERE. Some comedian shouts "Clean up on aisle 4!". Not appreciated. Bonus is I got a free drink. Nice one KFC. By the time we made it back the dance was busier and we had a good night and managed to get home without any hiccups.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...