Sunday, June 5, 2011

Accents and Stationery.

I caught myself speaking funny today. As I was speaking I was going up at the end of the sentences, just like the Kiwis do. I need to stop doing it, it's a terrible habit and I need to keep my accent.

It's quite funny how some people won't understand what I'm saying and it's over the most simple words. I was telling Dave the other night that I was going to see Cut Copy. After repeating it a few times to each other, he didn't quite get what I was saying. I said it was Cut Copy as in cut, copy, paste and finally got it. And then laughed at how I pronounced 'Cut'.

Sarah told me the same night that you could go have some fun in a stationery shop. If you ask for a Pen, you'll get a Pin. If you ask for a Pin, you'll get a Pen.

1 comment:

Amy.Stutz said...

Don't stop it, accents are HOT! That's why I love England.... Kiwis=super hot. Manchester + New Zealand = indescribable amazingness most of us only dream about. Keep it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...