Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Every thing looks so peaceful from up here.


This picture is for Becky. This is me doing my best Ferris Bueller impression. Photos courtesy of Au Pair Link's blog. On Saturday Sarah and I went up Sky Tower for high tea as part of an Au Pair Link meet up thing. Sarah pretended she was a nanny. Luckily we managed to avoid any questions about her work so no lies were actually told. After meeting with Sarah, we pretty much ran down and then up the hill to Sky Tower as I turned up late to meeting Sarah, thanks to Saturday afternoon traffic in Newmarket. Luckily we weren't the only ones who were late and our reservation had been messed up anyway.

The elevator up to the observation deck has a glass floor and windows so you can look out as you go up. Now I realise I made the lift sound a bit like the glass elevator at Wonka's but it wasn't really like that. it just hand windows. And a window in the floor. Thankfully, the weather was beautiful out over Auckland so we got a good view. We took pictures of us standing on glass floors and just general tourist snaps. From the observation deck you can watch people doing the sky jump. Here's a video of someone doing it. I've been wanting to do it. But watching the people stop in front of us while doing it has scared me a little bit. Some of them look pretty scared. We walked around to see the whole of Auckland, took a seat and chatted while Sarah ate a tea cake I got her for her birthday. Here's a picture of me looking like a giant on a glass floor.



Once we got back round to the lifts we went up to the Orbit restaurant to enjoy our high tea high up. It was above the observation tower and it was revolving. It took me forever to get used to it. When we were stood on the non-moving floor it felt like we were going round, but only the people eating were moving. The food was consumed and the tea drunk. All while having a 360 view of Auckland. Not bad for a Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...