Monday, February 27, 2012

BLUES!



Who'da thunk it? Me watching another rugby game. I seriously thought I'd had my taste of rugby with the world cup and I was quite satisfied that I'd had my lifetime fix of enjoying sports. But when offered a $20 ticket, I jumped at the chance. It was Blues vs Crusaders. Auckland versus Canterbury.

I will admit at one point I was more interested in the Mexican wave that made it all the way round the stadium three times before people lost interest and realised we were actually there to watch rugby.

My choice in team to support of based solely on the clothes available to me in my wardrobe. Blue won. Speaking of which, I own too many blue clothes. I also own too many clothes but that's a whole different chapter. Serena, bless her heart, was a lone wolf as a crusaders fan. But she was the best fan there. She confided in me that she may well have been wearing red but she was a crip at heart. I took that as code for "I'm really a Blues fan".



If you're interested, the Blues lost and it rained. :( Serena celebrated her team's victory in her own special way on Travis' shoulders.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...