Wednesday, September 21, 2011

When you wish upon a star

I feel that I should set the mood with a little music.




As some of you may be aware, at the moment I'm in the middle of making an important and difficult (at least to me) decision. It's basically about whether I come back to New Zealand again.

There are a million reason why I want to stay here and why I want to go back to England. And I'll be honest with you, right now New Zealand is winning. It's just unfortunate that the reasons for going with England carry a bit more weight.

Basically any time I have to myself to think is consumed with thoughts about whether I want to stay or not. Several nights over the past few weeks, well months, when I've been walking home I've looked up and seen the beautiful stars in the clear night sky. I've always been fascinated by stars and space (I think I get it from my mum) and a starry sky makes me feel all happy inside. It brings me comfort and gives me a sense of being while simultaneously making me feel like a tiny speck and making my mind hurt. Anyway, I digress.

I'm walking along and I'm in awe and all that jazz and think "I can't imagine not living in a city where I can see the stars like this". I see stars back home, but not like I do here. So that's one point to Auckland.

This is a long winded way of telling you that last night I saw a shooting star and it was beautiful. And shush you scientist types, I know it wasn't a star but rather dust or a meteor entering the atmosphere but it was still beautiful. Luckily, I've got my head screwed on so my reaction was "WOW! THAT IS SO COOL" and not "OH MY BLOG, IT'S A SIGN!!!!!"

When I finally got home and got into bed I remembered that you're meant to make a wish. I should have wished that I woke up on time the next day. But instead I didn't make any wish and I woke up 30 mins after I was meant to start work today. It's times like this where I'm grateful that my place of work is just outside my bedroom door.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha aww Manne, this story made me smile, and I'm sorry for (presumably!) causing the reasons for returning home that are carrying more weight! I personally think you sound like you've fallen in love with New Zealand, so what's wrong for going back after the wedding once you've got the money again? If you go back, it doesn't have to be forever - unless you want it to be! - it can just be for when you're young, free and single(/ emotionally involved with a sheep farmer). It's not as if your dream job is waiting for you here, it could be there . .. . also, I'll come stay with you if you move there :) lots of love Claire x x x x x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...