Friday, September 9, 2011

Rugby Fever.

Rugby fever has officially arrived. The Rugby World Cup begins today, here in Auckland and everyone is totally hyped up.

The houses are decked out with flags and unlike England, it's a little bit more tasteful and pretty much every country is represented.

I've just spent the afternoon up on Ponsonby Road and the whole road is covered in English flags. England is Ponsonby's 'adopted' team so looks like I live in the right place.

This is what I woke up to today.




Yep. Rugby fever has definitely arrived at my abode.

One thing I'm looking forward to about the World Cup is the haka. I love it. Seriously, it gives you goosebumps watching people do it. Here's a video of a flash mob that took place this past week. This one took place at Sylvia Park which was my nearest shopping centre when I was living in Ellerslie! The second one is from downtown on Queen Street.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...