Monday, May 30, 2011

Where it all started.

I was looking at a previous blog I used to keep while I was at uni. And I found this post from January 2010, which is obviously where the whole travelling thing started.

Dear Marianne,
Thank you for your application for Fundraising, Marketing & Communications Graduate Scheme 2010 at Cancer Research UK.
The Graduate Team have had an opportunity to consider your application against the selection criteria for this position.
We are writing to let you know that regrettably your application has been unsuccessful. As part of the application, you completed a Situational Judgement Test. Unfortunately you did not pass and have not been shortlisted for the next stage of assessment on this occasion. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive for the Graduate Scheme, we are unable to provide you with detailed feedback on your application. 
In the meantime, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown at a career in Cancer Research UK and wish you good luck in your future job search. 
With Kind Regards,
This is an automated email, please do not reply.

Gutted. 
I knew there was a very, very large possibility that I wouldn't get the job. But not to even get to the assessment centre. My situational judgement must have been really bad.
This has made me think a lot about what to do when I finish university. I've decided I want to go travelling. But go somewhere and work. I've narrowed it down to Norway or New Zealand. Random I know.
At least now I can stop getting nervous every time my phone beeps with a new e-mail.
I never wanted to move to London anyway.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...