Monday, August 27, 2012

Bank Holiday Weekend: an instagram tale.

How much does a hipster weigh? An instagram. 

Ba dum tssshhh.

It's been an action packed weekend. They're the best type of weekends. 

On Friday there was flowers and dancing.

Thank you to my lovely Channie for the beautiful flowers she sent me.


Earlier in the week a bright green envelope arrived. Green could only mean one thing.
Kelly-Anne.

Inside was the most amazing and thoughtful card. 

I miss my NZ girls. 

When Penny and I arrived at the dance on Friday there were about 5 people there.
Nobody on the dancefloor. So we had a dance party for two in the foyer. 

But these lovely ladies showed up so it was all good. 




Saturday saw manicures, shopping and dancing.

We got our nails did and shopped. Nothing better than a spot of retail therapy. Some woman managed to squirt her ketchup all over Kendal's clothes and hair and all over the wall. I'm laughing just thinking about it. 

Back at the flat we watched An Affair to Remember. 
All that needs to be said is: Carey Grant. Swoon. 

Another evening at Copacabana. Eventful as ever. There was a guy who recognised me from last time who pretty much forced me to dance with him. It was awkward to say the least. Unfortunately the next stranger who forced me to dance with him was even more awkward. So much to the extent that I was never going to dance again. And it had nothing to do with guilty feet lacking rhythm. 


Sunday was a day for church, family time, walking and 3 in a bed. 

At church I taught youth sunday school and felt it went really well. At least I thought so.
I was also called as an advisor in young womens.
I'll be honest, I don't really know what my calling entails. 

After church the family went over to Alex and Clairebear's for dinner.

They are moving to Liverpool next weekend where Alex is beginning work as a barrister (proud of you bruv) and Claire is starting her PGCE. We'd gathered for a final meal in their humble abode. Claire made a delicious dinner and Becky had made rhubarb crumble. It was delicious B, I promise.

Before dinner I managed to win a round of Smartass. It was a proud moment for me. 




One of mine and Becky's favourite past times - self portraits. Isn't my sister beautiful?


After dinner I went to meet everyone as Dunham Massey. 
Bravery award to me for walking past deer on my own. 
That's kinda a big deal. 


Back at the boy's house we played a ridiculous card game. One I'm still trying to understand. 
That night I shared a bed with Leah and Sophia. We all had tales to tell the next morning much to each other's embarrassment. 

Finally bank holiday Monday involved a hike and shopping. Again.

We headed over to Edale in the Peak District for a hike. At some points it felt more like a rock climb and it totally ruined my manicure. Worth it though. 

Oh and it rained. And I thought it would be a good idea not to wear my waterproof all the time. 








The climb: 

So eating lunch was quite traumatic. I'm tucking into my club sandwich when the other half of my sandwich goes flying and ends up in a puddle. Worst moment ever. Then the sheep invaded.

Yes I was scared.



When my mum got home from work we headed over to the Trafford Centre. I finally got to go to Forever 21 and had to stop myself buying their entire jewelery department. Managed to limit it to only two necklaces. And a top. And a cardigan.

This weekend was enough to make me want to quit my job and just be a bum. 

It would be so much easier.

1 comment:

Stacey Hooper said...

I'll quit my job and be a bum with you!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...