Wednesday, October 10, 2012

"What music do you listen to?"

Henry at the Apple shop asked me this as I was paying for my new headphones. I was buying a replacement after I, rather cleverly, managed to cut straight through my last set with a pair a scissors when wrapping birthday gifts. I am not a smart woman.

Anyway his question caught me off guard and my face must have given it away as I said "Um, I don't know".  Henry says he was just making conversation in apologetic way. Becki is looking at me as if someone had let me out on day release and I was just learning to interact with society again.

At this point I realise I've got quite a hefty task on my hands to make myself seem like a normal human being. And all I can think is... What music do I listen to? My mind is blank. I tell the group that I listen to all sorts.

I'm asked what's the last thing I listened to. Oh crap. That's what I think. Pretty sure it was Justin Bieber. Telling them that would not improve this situation. Suddenly I remember I'd bought tickets to see Slow Club just the night before. I tell Henry this. He has no idea who they are. Yep, still look like an idiot.

After slowly spelling out my name for the receipt (did not help the situation), I took my purchase, thanked Henry and made a swift escape.

And that my friends is why I hate small talk.

Oh and I'm open to some new music suggestions. I'm stuck in a rut and clearly have resorted to listening to the Biebs.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...