Monday, October 8, 2012

Dear Manne

I'll let you in on a secret. Keeping a blog would be so much easier if you could just read my mind.
All my best blog posts are in my head.

I currently have 8 blog posts sitting in my drafts and I have no plans to actually publish them. Half of them I don't even remember where I was going with them. I had things to tell you, thoughts to share and obviously exciting things to update you on.

In one of them I was going to tell you about a letter I wrote to myself. I used FutureMe.org and it was e-mailed to me a year to the day after I wrote it. I had forgotten all about it so I was surprised when I slumped down on my bed after work and my phone beeped with the e-mail.

It's no secret that I crack myself up and this letter had me in hysterics as I reminisced about what was happening in my life September 2011. I told myself all about what I had been doing a year ago. I told myself what made me feel good about myself. I talked about the cross roads I was at and told myself that what ever decision I made it was the right one because of the way I made it. And I was right. I also gave myself some advice which was exactly what I needed that week I got the e-mail from my past self.

There's something quite therapeutic about it all. I love self reflection. I love to see the way I have grown. I keep a journal but, I just can't explain it, this was different. Writing a letter to your future self just seems to take it up a level.

I said 45 minutes ago that I was going to take the dogs out and go to bed.

I love procrastination.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...