Monday, April 18, 2011

Same Same... But Different.

Here in Hanoi you can get a t-shirt which is quite popular among tourists that says "Same Same... But Different" on it. It's a phrase you'll hear on the markets when someone is trying to sell you something that is totally not what  your looking for. I hadn't really heard it used until today.

Sarah and I went into to the travel agent to book our tickets back to Nanning today. The woman behind the desk asked us if we were sisters or friends. We told her that we were friends. Her response was "Yes, yes I see. Same, same. But different". I'm not quite sure what she means as we look very different from each other. For starters, I'm 5 inches taller than Sarah. The only likeness is the white skin. She then stared at Sarah for a little while and then told her she had beautiful eyes. I see the blossoming of a blossoming romance....

We leave for Hoi An tonight and I'm going to miss Hanoi. But we'll be coming back for a day when we are heading back to China. We had a lovely time on the Halong Bay/Cat Ba Island tour but I will have to write about that when I have more time. But from the trip I learnt that I do not like monkeys.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...